gentle activated texture control gel
2 fl. oz. (60 mL)
a-gel is not a solution for persistent blemishes. consult a physician for treatment that best suits your skin.
a-gel is the first product in the a-series (active) to compliment the b-series (basic) of basic skincare staples. a-gel is a weightless and plush gel serum designed to deliver a gentle dose of 1% salicylic acid. a-gel is formulated for maximum delivery of a lower dose of salicylic acid to help maintain skin clarity and smoothness in the long term while still being gentle on sensitive skin. the salicylic acid in a-gel helps control skin texture by ungluing the bonds that hold dead skin cells on the surface of your skin and inside your pores. unlike alpha hydroxy acids glycolic acid and lactic acid which are water soluble, salicylic acid is oil soluble meaning it can reach further into your pores to help clear out build up. at a 1% concentration, salicylic acid can exfoliate your skin to soften and refine texture and it can help calm skin redness.
a-gel's texture is lightweight and plush and it instantly absorbs into the skin for a non-greasy, non-sticky finish.
|" I think as individuals we often want fast results. when it comes to taking care of your skin, there really is no such thing. I wanted to develop a product that is designed for the long term. I didn't want to create an exfoliating acid product with too much of a risk of irritation from over exfoliation. at a 1% concentration, salicylic acid is effective without the excess dryness you may experience from higher concentrations. a lot of similar products on the market have undesirable textures so a huge focus in the development of a-gel aside from efficacy was ensuring it could incorporate into a routine easily and feel nearly undetectable on the skin once it absorbed. if you suffer from more complicated skin, sometimes its nicer to feel like you are letting your skin breathe even though we know skin cells don't have lungs ;) " - jonah ray (owner & founder)|
massage 1-2 pumps onto clean skin. use 2-3 times per week on targeted areas or the entire face.
- helps to dissolve or 'unglue' the dead cells on the surface of the skin and inside your pores
- improves texture & tone of skin
- calms redness
safe usage advice
please be sure to follow our safe usage advice while using this product. this will ensure an optimal outcome and reduce the potential for unwanted irritation.
- patch testing prior to use is advised
- if excessive irritation occurs, discontinue use
- avoid using in combination with other products containing salicylic acid, alpha hydroxy acids or retinol
- do not use on skin that is irritated, peeling or compromised
- keep out of reach of children
- use a sunscreen and limit sun exposure when using this product
active: salicylic acid (1%)
aqua [solvent], propylene glycol [solvent/humectant], ethoxydiglycol [solvent], squalane [emollient], salicylic acid [active ingredient], betaine [humectant], dimethicone [emollient], ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer [texturizing agent], cetearyl alcohol [texturizing agent], cetearyl glucoside [emulsifier], sodium hydroxide [pH adjuster], diazolidinyl urea [preservative], iodopropynyl butylcarbamate [preservative]
features: salicylic acid / squalane / betaine
need to know more? check out our FAQ
- if you want to lessen the chance of irritation when trying a-gel for the first time, apply it after your moisturizer until your skin becomes well adjusted
- if your skin can tolerate it, a-gel can be used as much as twice per day to maintain skin clarity and smoothness
pump: PP  / bottle: PET  / label: vinyl
step 1: remove the pump
step 2: rinse out any residue in the bottle
step 3: screw pump back onto bottle
step 4: remove label (dispose in regular trash)
step 5: toss into your curbside recycling bin
* before recycling always make sure to check that your area recycles these plastic types.